Application Deadline: This position will remain open until filled
Anticipated Start Date: March 6, 2022
Commitment: Part-time Position
Reports to: Executive Director
Who we are:
Nonprofit Montgomery is the alliance of nonprofit leaders and organizations serving Montgomery County, MD. We strengthen the nonprofit sector through four key areas: Capacity Building and Network Development, Advocacy, Collective Action, and Strategic Communications. Nonprofit Montgomery includes more than 200 members of all sizes and missions that provide a broad array of services. We serve an increasingly diverse county that is home to growing numbers of neighbors in need.
Nonprofit Montgomery has a small, collaborative work environment with opportunities for your ideas to be heard and implemented. The right candidate will work with colleagues who value collaboration, innovation, transparency, community, and communication.
Who we are seeking:
We seek an experienced, motivated, and innovative Administrative Coordinator based in Montgomery County, MD. This role is an exciting opportunity for creativity, impact, growth, and job satisfaction.
What the Administrative Coordinator will do:
The Administrative Coordinator supports Nonprofit Montgomery’s strategic objectives by providing administrative, program, and communications support. This position involves tremendous variety and challenge as it includes a mix of routine responsibilities and special projects. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is a key team member who works closely and collaboratively with their colleagues.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director, including corresponding with key stakeholders, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting documents
- Provide backend administrative and operational support, including organizing Google files and folders and responding to general inquiries received via email or the website
- Provide financial administrative assistance, including invoicing, tracking receipts, making payments, and producing reports
- Maintain website and social media accounts and produce a bi-monthly newsletter and other communications as needed
- Program, meeting, and event coordination and logistical support, including planning, advertising, and facilitation
- Membership database support, including generating reports and data entry
- Assist with special projects and other activities as needed and assigned
- Applicant should be detail-oriented with attention to accuracy, and excellent follow through and organizational skills
- Expertise in MS Word and Google Doc applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Experience with MailChimp (or equivalent) is required
- Experience with SurveyMonkey and WordPress (or equivalent, preferred)
- Social media experience, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relations skills
Nonprofit Montgomery is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Physical Demands of the Position: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to remain in a stationary position 70% of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access printers, file cabinets, office equipment, etc. The employee operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification and are subject to change. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.