The comments on weltwoche.ch serve as a discussion platform and are intended to enable the readers to exchange opinions openly. It is important to us that all comment columns are debated fairly and factually. Sharp, factual criticism of the content of the article or, where appropriate, of the contributions of other forum participants is welcome, as long as it is presented politely. On the other hand, statements that infringe upon privacy and that are discriminatory violate our guidelines. They will be deleted, as will comments that use sexist, insulting or offensive language. Contributions of a commercial nature will not be approved. A series of comments (two or more comments in a row to avoid the character limit) should also be avoided, although the online editors can allow exceptions with a sense of proportion.
The comment columns are article-related, the thematic orientation is thus predetermined. We therefore ask you to refrain from contributions that have nothing to do with the content of the article.
Using the comment function means agreeing to our guidelines.
Inadmissible are statements that
- Have nothing to do with the topic of the article
- are commercial in nature
- personally insult other forum participants
- disparaging individuals or groups based on race, ethnicity, or religion
- are defective in spelling and punctuation
- contain contemptuous alterations of names or paraphrases of persons
- contain more than one external link
- contain a link to dubious sites
- Only contain a link with no descriptive context to it
As a medium that is committed to free expression of opinion, Weltwoche Verlags AG handles the publication of comments liberally. However, the online editorial team reserves the right not to approve comments at its own discretion and without giving reasons. In principle, there is no right for a comment to be published. The editors also reserve the right to make cuts.