The queen is said to settle early in Windsor Castle and likely stay there after Easter as she follows government instructions on the corona virus.
Buckingham Palace announced today that the 93-year-old head of state will move to the Berkshire Royal Residence on Thursday – a week earlier than usual for Easter.
The monarch will live in her favorite home with a reduced budget and follow the appropriate advice, a source said.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has urged everyone in the UK, especially in the ’70s, to avoid all non-essential contact and travel through unprecedented peacetime measures aimed at controlling the spread of Covid-19.
Elizabeth II, the longest reigning monarch in the country, will celebrate her 94th birthday next month and the risk of more severe symptoms of the coronavirus is greater for the elderly and those with pre-existing health conditions.
Investments are being reorganized and the annual Maundy service at St. George’s Chapel has been canceled, the palace said.
The Queen’s audience at Buckingham Palace this week will continue to take place as planned, including the reception of the Prime Minister, the commander of HMS Queen Elizabeth and the Bishop of Hereford.
However, the future audience will be constantly checked, said the palace.
The Queen (pictured in Windsor on Sunday) returned to Buckingham Palace today to continue her duties despite the outbreak of the corona virus
Today’s Windsor Castle as the government’s chief science officer, Patrick Vallance, estimates that there are currently 55,000 people infected in the UK
The move to Windsor is a week earlier as the Queen usually moves to Berkshire Castle for Easter.
She is not the only queen affected by the new government advice. Heir to the throne The Prince of Wales is 71 and the Duchess of Cornwall is 72.
Other working kings are the Queen’s cousins, the Duke of Gloucester (75), the Duke of Kent (84) and Princess Alexandra (83).
The palace said further announcements about Trooping the Color, the 75th anniversary of VE Day, and a state visit by the Emperor and the Empress of Japan would be made in consultation with the government.
Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masakois will stay with the Queen at Windsor Castle in May and celebrate with a formal greeting and a large state banquet, but the high-profile event is likely to be postponed.
The Queen’s garden parties at Buckingham Palace have been canceled and the garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, which takes place in July, is currently under review.
The palace said in a statement: “As a reasonable precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, some changes are being made to the Queen’s diary.
Her Majesty will move to Windsor Castle for Easter on Thursday, March 19, a week earlier than planned. It is likely that the queen will stay there after Easter.
“In consultation with the medical budget and government, a number of public events involving a large number of people in which the queen and other members of the royal family are said to have attended in the coming months will be canceled or postponed.”
Investiture should take place in the palace on Wednesday.
Sixty-one recipients, accompanied by guests, should gather in the ballroom to collect a range of awards, from MBEs to chivalry and damehoods.
On Friday, Her Majesty’s upcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
She has also been instructed to cancel her annual garden parties in May and June to reduce the spread of the corona virus.
Earlier this month, the queen is said to have vowed not to let the outbreak prevent her from fulfilling her duties and to set an example by “staying calm and going on” until there is “compelling contrary advice”.
Queen Elizabeth II attends the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey last week
The Royal Standard flies over the monarch’s official residence in central London, Buckingham Palace (pictured) – despite the ongoing Covid-19 crisis
A building in Windsor Great Park was closed on Saturday for thorough cleaning after three people showed symptoms similar to Covid-19. The Savill building was closed on weekends to allow cleaning to take place.
A statement on the park’s website said, “As a precaution, we decided to close the Savill building over the weekend to do a thorough cleaning of the premises after we discovered three people with symptoms similar to those of Covid-19 was on site.
“Although these are not confirmed cases, we consider this to be a prudent step that focuses on the health and well-being of our employees and visitors.
‘We continue to monitor the situation and government guidelines on public health closely. The rest of Windsor Great Park remains open as usual. ‘
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had withdrawn overseas a few days before their spring tour began.
The 93-year-old queen was scheduled to visit Bentley Motors Factory in Crewe and the Jodrell Bank Observatory and headquarters of the Square Kilometer Array Global in Macclesfield on March 19. She was also due to visit Camden on March 26, but all the details of the trip had not yet been released.
Charles and Camilla were due to start their spring trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan on March 17th. It would have been the first time since the queen in 1993 that a king had visited Cyprus.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attend the Commonwealth Day reception on March 9
Buckingham Palace announced yesterday that the Queen’s upcoming visits would not be “as a reasonable precaution” and “for practical reasons” about coronavirus concerns
A spokesman for the Queen said: “As a reasonable precaution and for practical reasons under the current circumstances, changes to the Queen’s diary commitments will be made in the coming weeks.
In agreement with the medical budget and government, Her Majesty’s upcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be postponed.
‘The audience will continue as usual. Other events are continually reviewed according to the relevant recommendations. “
The Queen – the longest reigning monarch in the country – will be 94 next month and the risk of more severe symptoms of Covid 19 disease is greater for the elderly and people with pre-existing health conditions.
On the day of the engagements next Thursday, the monarch would have traveled to Cheshire to meet employees and apprentices at the Bentley factory, operate the Lovell telescope at the observatory, and meet local schoolchildren involved in scientific activities.
The queen was wearing large gloves when she presented the recipients with honors on March 3 at a palace investment.
The Queen, who has been investing since 1952, was wearing gloves for the first time when investing in Buckingham Palace when she handed an MBE to D-Day veteran Harry Billinge earlier this month
She also avoided shaking hands with the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey and during a one-on-one meeting with the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka this week, but again shook hands with Professor Mark Compton, Lord Prior of the Order of St. John, Wednesday .
It comes when the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall announced yesterday that they would postpone their spring tour of the coronavirus pandemic.
The overall week-long visit was to begin on March 17, and would have been the first time since the Queen in 1993 that a king visited Cyprus.
Clarence House said the request came from the government. It is believed that heirs Charles and Camilla are in good health.
The tour can be replaced by engagements in the UK, but not engagements with significant gatherings of people.
Charles was to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina on March 17 and 18, join Camilla in Cyprus from March 18 to 21, and travel to Jordan by March 25.
“Due to the situation with the coronavirus pandemic, the British government has asked its Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring trip,” said a spokesman for the royal couple yesterday.
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall (to be seen in Auckland last November) should visit the Republic of Cyprus next month. But her visit has now been canceled
During their stay in Jordan, the two would have met with King Abdallah II and Queen Rania of Jordan (pictured) and visited a number of other places of cultural, religious and environmental importance across the country
During their stay in Jordan, the two would have met with King Abdallah II and Queen Rania of Jordan and visited a number of other places of cultural, religious and environmental importance across the country.
And in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Charles would have seen the monument in Srebrenica on the 25th anniversary of the genocide.
Cyprus, with a population of 1.17 million, announced four more COVID19 cases yesterday, bringing the number to 14. There are probably 11 confirmed cases in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
When they announced the news of their tour in February, they wrote: “The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit the Republic of Cyprus and Jordan next month.
The prince will also visit Bosnia and Herzegovina beforehand. In the year of the 25th anniversary of the genocide, the Prince will visit Bosnia and Herzegovina, where he will highlight reforms to improve the lives of citizens.
‘The Prince and Duchess will make their first official visit to the Republic of Cyprus to recognize the work of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force and to celebrate traditional Cypriot culture.
“Her royal highnesses will visit the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to learn what the country is doing to support refugees and to showcase its rich cultural history.”
Charles should begin the tour with a visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to demonstrate the UK’s increased commitment to Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Western Balkans and support for reforms to improve the lives of citizens.
Baroness Floella Benjamin, 70, received her motherhood from Prince Charles, both pictured, at Buckingham Palace last week. The couple exchanged a Namaste greeting (right)
The Prince of Wales was spoken with a Namaste gesture to greet television hosts Ant McPartlin (left) and Declan Donnelly when he came to the annual Prince’s Trust Awards 2020 last week
The Prince of Wales was then to be accompanied on March 18 by the Duchess of Cornwall, who is visiting the Republic of Cyprus to celebrate the historic relationship between the United Kingdom and Cyprus.
On the final leg of the tour, Charles and Camilla returned to Jordan from March 21-25 to highlight their close relationship with Jordan, which was underpinned by the longstanding, cordial relationship between the two royal families.
The couple would see the country support its one million refugees fleeing conflict and meet members of the Jordanian royal family.
The news comes after Charles shared a Namaste sheet with Baroness Floella Benjamin in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic when she gathered her damehood at Buckingham Palace.
During the furnishing ceremony, the couple was seen exchanging the greeting, which avoids unnecessary hand touching.
Baroness Benjamin, a popular television host for children, became known to millions as the host of Play School and Play Away and was recognized for her charitable causes in the New Year Honors List.
The liberal-democratic partner has been committed to young people for over 40 years and supports charities such as Barnardo, Sickle Cell Society and Beating Bowel Cancer.
Earlier this month, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall still greeted people with a traditional handshake during a tour of the London Transport Museum to mark the 20th anniversary of Transport for London
After the 70-year-old from London had received her motherhood, she said: “You get so much enthusiasm when you give something back and make a difference, change the world and achieve such an honor after these years is a wonderful recognition.
“Today it gives me a wonderful feeling in my heart. I didn’t do charity work for an ulterior motive, just to change people’s lives.
“To get it, it’s like wow, how exciting. But I still think: what can I do? For me, it doesn’t end here. ‘
Baroness Benjamin, a “great admirer” of Prince Charles, said she was “thrilled” to receive her damehood from him yesterday.
Charles is not the first king to take precautions. The Duchess of Cornwall wears a pair of leather gloves to shake hands with people she met in Cheltenham this week.