Live Feeds
● LIVE Updated 18m ago · 23 sources tracked

Ukraine warns Belarus of ‘consequences’ over drone equipment

Russia warned Ukraine against provocations toward Belarus, citing a joint response mechanism under the Agreement on Security Guarantees between the two Union State members. Diplomat Mikhail Galuzin stated the agreement provides a clear process for responding to threats against either nation. This follows reports that Belarus reactivated drone relay equipment previously shut down after a public ultimatum from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The tension coincides with Ukrainian UAV attacks across 16 Russian regions, including a strike on an industrial facility in Perm.

RSS Source map (23)

What changed

Mikhail Galuzin explicitly linked the Russia-Belarus Security Guarantees to a joint response mechanism for threats.

Live updates

  1. Russia warns Ukraine over Belarus security guarantees

    Russia warned Ukraine against provocations toward Belarus, citing a joint response mechanism under the Agreement on Security Guarantees between the two Union State members. Diplomat Mikhail Galuzin stated the agreement provides a clear process for responding to threats against either nation. This follows reports that Belarus reactivated drone relay equipment previously shut down after a public ultimatum from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The tension coincides with Ukrainian UAV attacks across 16 Russian regions, including a strike on an industrial facility in Perm.

    Why it matters

    Ukraine previously pressured Belarus to disable Russian drone relay transmitters to hinder real-time drone control. The reactivation of this equipment increases Russia's operational capabilities near the Ukrainian border.

    What is confirmed

    • Mikhail Galuzin stated the Agreement on Security Guarantees between Russia and Belarus includes a mechanism for joint response to threats.
    • Ukrainian UAVs targeted 16 Russian regions, including an industrial facility in Perm.

    Still unconfirmed

    • Ukraine regularly attacks the ZNPP territory and the city of Energodar.

    What to watch next

    • Evidence of further reactivation of drone transmitters in Belarus
    • Official Ukrainian response to the Russian security guarantee warning
    Sources used for this update (7)
    1. www.theguardian.com — Italy says it’s temporarily suspending EU Schengen arrangement with Spain after 60,000 migrants reach Ceuta – as it happened
    2. tass.com — Russia warns Ukraine against any provocations against Belarus — Russian diplomat
    3. tass.com — Siding with West in conflict with Russia unacceptable for Serbs — politician
    4. tass.com — EU endangers itself by acting against civilian shipping — Russian Foreign Ministry
    5. www.foxnews.com — Trump sounds alarm on ‘crazy’ Iran, says regime would use nuclear weapon ‘without question’
    6. tass.com — Russian diplomat warns about catastrophic consequences of Ukraine’s attacks on ZNPP
    7. tass.com — Perm industrial facility comes under attack: 325 drones target Russian regions
    confidence 90%
  2. Ukraine Warns Belarus After Drone Relay Equipment Reactivates

    Russian drone relay equipment in Belarus went dark on June 22 following a public ultimatum from President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The shutdown weakened Russia's ability to control and redirect drones in real time. However, reports indicate Belarus has since reactivated one of these transmitters.

    What's confirmed:

    • Relay equipment used to guide Russian drones in Belarus stopped operating on June 22.
    • President Volodymyr Zelenskyy issued a public ultimatum threatening to disable the equipment with Ukrainian forces.
    • The shutdown of these towers reduced the Russian military's capacity to redirect drones during flight and control them in real time.

    Still unconfirmed:

    • Belarus recently reactivated one of the relay transmitters used for Russian drones.
    • President Zelenskyy announced a new package of sanctions against Alexander Lukashenko.
    Sources used for this update (7)
    1. The Kyiv Independent — News from Ukraine, Eastern Europe
    2. Ukraine News Today Live | War with Russia - NewsNow » Belarus
    3. How Ukraine's ultimatum changed the equation for Belarus
    4. How Ukraine's ultimatum changed the equation for Belarus
    5. Belarus relay transmitters not dismantled, Ukraine's Commander-in-Chief ...
    6. Air Force spox explains how shutdown of relay towers in Belarus affects ...
    7. Ukraine punishes Lukashenko with sanctions: a complete list of ...
    confidence 90%
  3. Belarusian Drone Relay Stations Go Offline After Ukrainian Ultimatum

    President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated that signal repeaters in Belarus used to guide Russian drone strikes ceased operating on June 22. This follows a one-week ultimatum issued on June 19. Belarus has since warned that any hostile incursion into its territory will face a forceful response.

    What's confirmed:

    • Relay stations on the Ukraine-Belarus border used to guide Russian drones went offline on June 22.
    • Volodymyr Zelenskyy issued a one-week ultimatum to Belarus to remove drone guiding equipment.

    Still unconfirmed:

    • Deputy Foreign Minister Igor Sekreta said Belarus would react forcefully to any unauthorized or hostile incursion.
    Sources used for this update (5)
    1. Zelensky says relay stations in Belarus that helped guide Russian drone ...
    2. Why Ukraine has Abandoned Four Years of Caution over Belarus
    3. Zelenskyy says drone signal repeaters in Belarus have been ... - Yahoo
    4. Belarus Warns Ukraine of 'Full-Scale Response' Over Any ... - KyivPost
    5. Ukraine warns Belarus of 'consequences' over drone equipment
    confidence 100%
  4. Belarus halts operation of Russian drone relay equipment after Ukrainian ultimatum

    President Volodymyr Zelenskyy gave Belarus one week starting June 19 to remove communications equipment used to guide Russian drone strikes. Zelenskyy later announced that the equipment is no longer operating. The Kremlin described the ultimatum as aggressive and a threat to Belarusian sovereignty.

    What's confirmed:

    • President Volodymyr Zelenskyy issued a one-week ultimatum on June 19 for Belarus to remove drone-guidance equipment.
    • Zelenskyy stated that the equipment is no longer operating.
    • The Kremlin called the ultimatum aggressive.
    • The European Commission stated that Ukraine has the right to defend itself.

    Still unconfirmed:

    • Russia deployed four signal repeaters in Belarus to adjust drone strikes on Ukrainian cities.
    Sources used for this update (18)
    1. Zelenskiy says Belarus should remove equipment used in attacks on Ukraine in one week
    2. Ukraine war briefing: Zelenskyy to Belarus – remove Russian relay stations or 'we'll do it'
    3. Zelenskyy gives Belarus a week to remove relay stations helping Russia
    4. 'A week will be enough' — Zelensky issues ultimatum to Lukashenko over drone-guidance equipment
    5. Zelenskyy gives 1-week ultimatum to Belarus over drone relay equipment
    6. Ukraine war live: Zelensky warns of ‘massive attack’ from Moscow
    7. Zelenskiy again urges Belarus to dismantle relay stations
    8. Ukraine warns Belarus of ‘consequences’ over drone equipment
    9. Zelenskyy warns Belarus over its assistance to Russia in its war ...
    10. Kremlin accuses Ukraine of threatening sovereignty of close Russian ally Belarus
    11. Kremlin Calls Zelensky’s Ultimatum to Lukashenko Aggressive After One-Week Deadline
    12. European Commission on Zelensky's warning to Lukashenko: Ukraine has right to defend itself
    confidence 90%