FIREFIGHTERS had to rescue a moose from a home after it fell into a basement bedroom.
The 35th calf was grazing near the property when it fell into a hole created to let light into the underground room.
Its hind legs are thought to have fallen through the window long before the rest of its body followed. The moose then fell through the window itself.
Seven firefighters, three biologists and two wildlife soldiers participated in the rescue in Soldotna, Alaska.
The beast was put to sleep before being transported on a stretcher.
Photos of the incident showed the shocked animal standing by the window with Lego pieces around its feet before being sedated and removed.
Firefighter Gunnar Romatz said: “Like any curious human being, I was like, ‘Oh my God, I really want to be here for this because there’s no way anyone would believe it. I can’t even believe it.
Joseph Morris of the Alaska Wildlife Troopers said it was a successful rescue with no serious injury to man or beast and the moose returned to the woods soon after.
Mr Morris added that such occurrences are not that uncommon, especially as the weather gets colder and the moose search for food.
It is estimated that between 175,000 and 200,000 moose currently live in Alaska.