Many Floridians are rubbing their hands at the thought of outdoor parties, barbecues, fireworks and boating plans for the Fourth of July weekend celebrations.
Keep up the excitement because July 1-7 is Freedom Week, and they will be able to save on taxes when buying equipment for fishing, camping and outdoor activities; tickets to concerts, museums, cultural events, fairs and state parks.
The Governor Ron DeSantis signed a relief package in Mayo $1.2 billion tax, which includes savings for summer vacations, Freedom Week, and other tax breaks at different times of the year that will save on school supplies, baby items, and toddlers; impact windows and doors for homes to protect against hurricanes; discounts when acquiring certain work tools, and the most popular at this time, a gas tax reductionwhich will last throughout the month of October.
Tax savings at Freedom Week in Florida
These are some of the items that will be discounted from Friday, July 1 to Thursday, July 7, and could represent an overall savings of $70 million for Floridians.
▪ Tickets to musical events, sports, plays, movies, ballet performances, which are purchased that week and can take place until December 31 this year.
▪ Tickets to museums and florida state parksincluding annual passes, and membership fees for gyms and fitness clubs, including private ones.
▪ $5 savings on the purchase of bait.
▪ $15 savings on sunscreen and bug spray.
▪ $30 savings on bottled water.
▪ Savings of $250 on a bike and $50 on a helmet.
▪ $100 off sunglasses and $150 off binoculars.
▪ If you want an outdoor kitchen or a new barbecue, now you can save up to $250.
Savings on Aquatic Equipment in Florida
▪ $25 will be deducted from the purchase of masks, snorkels and swimming glasses (goggles).
▪ Savings on the first $35 when you purchase rafts, pool floats, inflatable chairs, water toys.
▪ $75 will be subtracted from the sale price of life jackets, paddles, coolers.
▪ Savings of over $150 on large water gear like water skis, canoes, kayaks and boogie boards.
Tax discounts on camping equipment
▪ $30 less on the purchase of flashlights and lamps.
▪ $50 off sleeping bags, hammocks, kitchens, and folding camping chairs.
▪ $200 discount on the purchase of a tent.
Pool Equipment Savings
▪ $100 off replacement parts, filters, covers
▪ $150 off pool and spa chemicals.
Savings on books, school supplies and gas in Florida
The Florida tax relief package begins on July 1 and extends up to two years in some cases.
▪ Three months of tax exemption on children’s books, which began in May and lasts until August 14.
▪ Tax exemption on clothes and baby items, from July 1 to June 30, 2023.
▪ Duty free shopping when replacing or putting up impact windows and doors and also garage doors for the homes and businesses of Floridians, through the Home Hardening Sales Tax Exemption, from July 1 to June 30, 2024.
▪ Savings on the purchase of energy efficient appliances, from July 1 to June 30, 2023.
▪ The savings of back to school in school supplies, backpacks, computers begin on July 24 and extend until August 7. This year they include puzzles and educational games.
▪ In September comes the savings on taxes on work tools, which extend from the 3rd to the 9th.
And one of the most important in times that the gasoline price is so high, a fuel tax exemption that will last through the month of October and will reduce the price of gasoline by 25.3 cents per gallon, saving Floridians $200 million in fuel costs.
For more information on tax discounts in floridahttps://floridarevenue.com/Pages/SalesTaxHolidays