He injects himself with hallucinogenic mushrooms, they start to devour him from the inside

The experiment turned sour. A man was urgently hospitalized at Saint-Jospeh Hospital in Arizona (United States), after injecting himself with hallucinogenic mushrooms that he had previously boiled in water to obtain a kind of tea.

The 30-year-old man had been taken to the emergency room by his family, suffering from confusion and multiple failures of his organs, including his lungs and kidneys, as reported by Gizmodo. In the days before he had developed symptoms such as lethargy, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.

Bipolar, he had recently stopped taking his treatment and had become interested in alternative treatments, including the use of psychedelics to counter the depression and opioid addiction he suffered from.

After boiling the mushrooms in water, he filtered the mixture through cotton wool, before injecting it intravenously.

A very bad idea, then, since the fungi, once in his body, literally began to devour him from the inside to develop. He was thus suffering from a double bacterial and mycotic infection.

It took 22 days of hospitalization, including eight in intensive care, during which doctors administered antobiotics and antifungals, to save him.

According to the doctors who reported this case, you have to go back to 1985 to find the trace of a similar case, where someone injected fungi into their blood.

Dr Curtis McKnight however recalls in the report that, consumed in the right way, that is to say orally, psychedelics represent a promising avenue for the treatment of depression and addictions. The US state of Oregon thus legalized their use in psychiatric treatment last November.

In addition, if eaten, they do not cause long-term negative effects, which in the worst case can lead to mild nausea and anxiety right after consumption.

Find the scientific news HERE

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.