Pusciferthe parallel band of Maynard James Keenan from Tool and A Perfect Circle, have confirmed a concert at the Razzmatazz venue in Barcelona for next July 4 as part of their first European tour in seven years, and the first to include Spain. This is added to his already announced performance at the Mad Cool Festival in Madrid on July 7th.
Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. from next January 20 andn www.livenation.es and Ticketmaster.es. there will be a Presale on January 18 for those registered in www.livenation.es.
The band, completed by vocalist Carina Round and guitarist Mat Mitchell, will arrive under their arm with a new album of remixes Existential Reckoning: Re-Wired which will be released on March 31 via Puscifer Entertainment/Alchemy Recordings/BMG. It includes new versions of the songs from his latest album by artists in his orbit such as Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, Troy Van Leeuwen with Tony Hajjar, Sarah Jones with Jordan Fish or Alesssandro Cortini.
As a preview, they have shared the video for ‘A Singularity (Re-imagined by Carina Round)’, filmed and edited by Keenan himself as a tribute to his late dog MiHo, who can be heard on several albums by Tool, A Perfect Circle and also puscifer.
“Maynard’s voice on this song is synonymous with a mournful anthem and a celebratory siren”Carina has commented on her remix. “I wanted the lead vocals and the bass and the drums to be anchors in a sea of jubilant chaos. A kind of controlled chaos of celebratory joy. Familiar, but a little unsettling. The horns and saxophones at the end move together but somehow loose, dispersing in foam and then coming back together in a harmonious wave, then breaking again in a cascade. It excites me when it ends and I want to get back on it. The birds, a charm of finches finish the song. You can feel their energy. And inside, there’s Maynard’s lonely whistle, imitating them. The one who keeps them alive and in turn draws their own life force from it. The synergy of composure and chaos in a curtsy dance.”
You can see it below:
This is the tracklist of the disk:
1. ‘Bread And Circus’ (Re-imagined by Mat Mitchell)
2. ‘Apocalyptical’ (Re-imagined by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross)
3. ‘The Underwhelming’ (Re-imagined by Juliette Commagere)
4. ‘Grey Area’ (Re-imagined by Troy Van Leeuwen & Tony Hajjar)
5. ‘Theorem’ (Re-imagined by Sarah Jones & Jordan Fish)
6. ‘UPGrade’ (Re-imagined by Justin Chancellor & Scott Kirkland)
7. ‘Bullet Train To Iowa’ (Re-imagined by Alessandro Cortini)
8. ‘Personal Prometheus’ (Re-imagined by Greg Edwards)
9. ‘A Singularity’ (Re-imagined by Carina Round)
10. ‘Postulous’ (Re-imagined by Phantogram)
11. ‘Fake Affront’ (Re-imagined by Gunnar Olsen)
12. ‘Bedlamite’ (Re-imagined by Daniel P. Carter)
And this is its cover: