Sheffield United – Birmingham: prediction of the match English Championship (Championship) August 7, 2021

August 7, 2021 22:00
Championship of England (Championship), 1 round

Sheffield United

championship

?

?

Birmingham

Birmingham

On August 7 at 22:00 (Moscow time) at Bramall Lane stadium will take place the England Championship (Championship), in which Sheffield United and Birmingham will meet. The prediction of the outcome of the match / total from Betting Tools, read on. In bookmakers, the chances of Slavisha Jokanovic’s team are much higher, offering to bet on their victory with odds of 1.81. You can bet on the victory of Lee Boyer’s team with a quote of 4.59. And bets on a tie are accepted with the odds of 3.46. Bookmakers do not expect high performance from the match: bets on total under 2.5 goals are offered with odds of 1.65. It is proposed to bet more than 2.5 goals on the total with a quote of 2.25.

Sheffield United – Birmingham. Key facts about the match

  • Sheffield United played against Stoke City in their last Premier League (Championship) match on 5 May 2019 and drew 2-2. The Blades have not lost in seven matches in a row, winning four of them and drawing three more times.
  • Birmingham played the last match in the Championship of England (Championship) on May 8 with Blackburn. The fight ended with his defeat 2: 5 (Christian Pedersen and Lukas Yutkevich scored in Birmingham). Lee Boyer’s players lost their second match in a row. In the five previous meetings of the tournament, Birmingham won only two times, drawing once and losing twice. In the last 3 matches of Birmingham, the performance exceeded two goals.
  • The previous head-to-head match between Sheffield United and Birmingham in the Championship of England (Championship) was played on April 10, 2019 and ended without a winner – a 1: 1 draw. For them it was the second consecutive match that ended in a draw.
  • The home team has a defensive advantage (defensive ratings of the opponents – 1100 and 756, respectively). In addition, the home team is stronger offensively, with a home attack rating of 1100 and an away attack rating of 804.
  • The home team’s attack / defense rating ratio is 1.46. With this ratio, the expected number of goals for the attacking team of the team is 1.83.
  • The ratio of the away attack rating and the home defense rating is 0.73. With this ratio, the expected number of goals of the attacking team in the match is 1.07.
  • In the last five meetings with Sheffield United, it was profitable to bet on a draw (+ 42.0%) and bets on total under 2.5 goals (+ 21.0%).
  • In the last five meetings with the participation of Birmingham, bets on total over 2.5 goals (+ 36.0%) and on the victory of Lee Boyer’s wards (+ 20.0%) were profitable.

Match predictions were generated using machine learning: the predictive model was trained on a large sample of played matches and now, based on the data obtained, it generates predictions for upcoming matches, taking into account the incoming parameters. One of the key factors for forming a forecast is the ratio of the teams’ attack and defense ratings.

Evaluation of odds for the match Sheffield United. – Birmingham

A score of more than 1 means the odds are underestimated and the bet is mathematically beneficial. If the score is less than 1, the coefficient is overvalued and the rate is mathematically disadvantageous. The predictions for the match are formed taking into account the estimates of the odds, but this is not a decisive factor. For this reason, sometimes a prediction can be made for the outcome whose coefficient score is below 1.

Profitability of betting on team matches:

Sheffield United

Birmingham

Winning bets

-5.0%
+20.0%

Draw Betting

+42.0%
-41.0%

Loss bets

-100.0%
-4.0%

TM 2.5 betting

+21.0%
-38.0%

Betting on TB 2.5

-25.0%
+36.0%

Bookmaker glasses

10.4
6.6

Actual points

11
7

Note: Bookmaker Points – the number of points a team should have scored based on bookmaker odds in the last five matches (or less if the team does not have five matches with odds). Calculation according to the formula: 3 / k-t for a win + 1 / k-t for a draw. Actual points – the actual number of points that the team has scored in the last five matches (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw).

Note: the average team statistics for the last 5 matches of the tournament is shown against all opponents (for the “All opponents” tab) and against opponents of the same level as the current one based on bookmaker odds (for the “Opponents of the same level” tab).

Favorite / Outsider. How will the game go?

Based on the current odds on the winner of the Sheffield United match. belongs to the A- class teams and Birmingham belongs to the C + class teams. In the last 50 matches of the tournament between opponents of such classes, the A- class team won 56% of the matches, 18% of the matches ended in a draw and the C + class team won 26% of the matches.

A-
Favorite of the match. It can significantly surpass the opponent in the class, but the win is far from guaranteed. Winning odds in the range of 1.60 – 2.00.

C+
Outsider of the match. A draw can be considered a good result. Winning odds in the range of 3.70 – 5.50.

Sheffield United (A-)

Birmingham (C +)

Explanation of the predicted course of play between Sheffield United teams. and Birmingham: Based on the available statistics of the history of meetings of similar class of teams, it was concluded that the percentage of chances to win in regulation time against Sheffield United. is 56%. The team’s chances of winning are 26%. The probability of a tie is 18%.

.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.