Tuscaloosa, Ala. – – Alabama men’s tennis coach George Husak German tennis star Samovalov was included in the signature category at Crimson Tide. The Ukrainian citizen will join Crimson Tide with Zach Foster, Enzo Agoyard and Philip Planensic in autumn 2021.
“From the moment we started our German recruitment, he showed us how focused and determined he was to become a great tennis player. He is young and has another season of international tournaments that will include the major junior tournaments. This step in competition and experience will carry over well to the beginning of his college career. He’s a gamer. We are pleased that the German language and his family have joined our program. “
6-0, Odessa, Ukraine / Odessa 72nd school
Samofalov “Warum Alabama?”
We had long, cordial and informative conversations with George Husak And the Dimitar Kotrovsky And through them I understood that true team spirit permeates this team. In my opinion, Alabama has one of the best sports facilities I’ve ever seen. I am affected by the infrastructure of the entire university. It is a great honor for me to be part of this team. I am sure that I will be in Alabama to keep improving as an athlete and to become a successful student. ”
- He is educated by his father Yuri Samovalov and Alexander Belinsky and trains outside the Odessa Prestige tennis club
- It currently ranks second in U18 in Ukraine and 60th in ITF U18
- Ukrainian U-18 champion in singles and doubles
- In 2020 he won ITF singles titles in Bistrita (J4), Istanbul (J3) and Chernomorsk (J5) and ITF double titles in Istanbul (J3) and Bistrita (J4) and was a finalist in Oradea (J2) and Szczecin (J4)
- She reached the final of the U-16 European Tennis Championships 2019 at the first class singles championships in Irben, while she won the doubles championships in Irben, Warsaw and Lemberg.
- He won the ITF J5 Singles Championship 2019 in Chernomorsk
- Member of the Ukrainian U-16 national team playing in the 2018 European Summer Cup
- 25th place in European U-16 tennis
- Ukraine U-14 Singles Championship 2017 winner
- Son of Oksana and Yuri Samovalov
Get the latest news on men’s tennis in Alabama by following AlabamaMTN on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also find general sports news on UA_Athletics on Twitter, Instagram, and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.
Certified social media specialist. Enthusiastic zombie fan. Twitter ninja. General internet fanatic