On February 23, 2021 at 22.00 (Moscow time) the match of the English Championship (Championship) is to begin, in which Birmingham City will host Norwich at home. WhoScored expert Harry Smith shares with us his prediction for the match Birmingham City – Norwich.
Birmingham City – Norwich City. Team news
Norwich: Sam Byram will not play in this match. Jordan Hugill is expected to enter the field.
Birmingham City – Norwich. Personal meetings statistics
Birmingham City have not won any of their last six matches against Norwich, drawing once and losing five times. In these six matches, Birmingham City scored three goals, earned 16 yellow cards and one red card. Norwich has scored 11 goals and earned eight yellow cards.
Birmingham City – Norwich. Forecast of possible game situations
Having analyzed the strengths and weaknesses of both teams over the past two seasons, the expert believes that:
- Birmingham City players may be shown a large number of yellow cards. Great chance;
- Birmingham City can often win the fight on the second floor. Great chance.
Birmingham City – Norwich. Pre-match statistics facts
- Birmingham City have lost seven of the Championship’s last eight home matches;
- Eight of the last nine Championship matches with Birmingham City have scored a maximum of two goals;
- Birmingham City have not scored a goal in five of the Championship’s last seven home matches;
- Norwich has kept goal intact in five of the last seven Championship matches;
- Norwich have won the first half and the entire match in the last three Championship matches;
- No more than two goals have been scored in six of Norwich’s last seven Championship games;
- Norwich have won five of their last six matches against Birmingham City in all competitions.
Birmingham City – Norwich. Match forecast
Birmingham City is approaching the upcoming duel, beating one of its competitors in the struggle for survival Sheffield Wednesday. Thus, the blue ended a streak of three defeats in a row. They are two points ahead of third-ranked Rotherham United, but the millers still have two games left. Norwich leads the championship race, seven points ahead of closest rival Brentford. The Canaries have won their last three matches, and it’s no surprise that Norwich is the favorite for the upcoming match. Summing up all of the above, as well as analyzing the form of both teams, the expert expects the victory of the canaries with a low efficiency of the fight.
WhoScored Forecast for the match Birmingham City – Norwich Harry Smith: Norwich wins, total under 2.5.