Justice served for elderly woman in Negros as military neutralized 3 rebels

BACOLOD CITY — Justice has finally been served to a 74-year-old resident and victims of violent incidents on Negros Island, the military said following a clash that resulted in the killing of three rebels on March 21. In a statement, the 47th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army said the three rebels that were killed … Read more

Manila Bulletin – Marcos declares holidays in 3 cities

Published Mar 13, 2026 01:44 pm President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. (Malacañang photo) President Marcos has declared special non-working days for three cities —Las Piñas, Sipalay, and Himamaylan—celebrating their respective anniversaries. In Proclamation No. 1186, Marcos declared March 27 a special non-working day for Las… Source link

Manila Bulletin – Phivolcs: Mayon remains under Alert Level 3 as lava flows reach up to 3.8 km

Published Feb 22, 2026 03:04 pm (PHIVOLCS FILE PHOTO) Mayon Volcano remains under Alert Level 3 as lava flows reached up to 3.8 kilometers (km) from the summit crater, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported on Sunday, Feb. 22. In its 24-hour observation summary covering 12 a.m. Feb. 21 to 12 a.m. Feb. … Read more

Maritime Safety Reform Pushed After MV Trisha Kerstin 3 Tragedy

1TAHANAN Partylist Rep. Nathaniel Oducado called on Congress to support bills that would improve maritime safety in the country following the sinking of the MV Trisha Kerstin 3 in Basilan in January. ​Oducado said the incident is a “wake-up call.” ​”Because of the lack of competition in shipping and transportation, suspensions — however warranted — … Read more

Manila Bulletin – PCG divers undergo hyperbaric oxygen therapy after 16-day MV Trisha Kerstin 3 mission

Published Feb 14, 2026 12:14 pm  |  Updated Feb 14, 2026 01:35 pm Technical divers of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) underwent hyperbaric oxygen therapy following 16 days of extended underwater search and rescue operations at the site of the sunken MV Trisha Kerstin 3 off Baluk-Baluk Island in Basilan, a ranking officer said on Saturday, Feb. … Read more

Manila Bulletin – Pumaren flags compensation scheme for MV Trisha Kerstin 3 victims

Published Feb 13, 2026 11:59 pm House Committee on Transportation Chairman Quezon City 3rd district Franz Pumaren has flagged the way that Aleson Shipping Lines has been compensating the victims from MV Trisha Kerstin 3–the ferry that sunk off the waters of Basilan late last month. The committee quizzed lawyer Zoe Goco–representative of Aleson, which owned … Read more

3 Ilonggo seafarers safe after MV Devon Bay sinks off Pangasinan

ILOILO CITY — Three Ilonggo seafarers are among those confirmed safe following the capsizing and sinking of the Singapore-flagged bulk carrier MV Devon Bay off the coast of Pangasinan on Jan. 23. Iloilo Provincial Public Employment Service Office (PESO) manager Cynthia Dario said the three survivors are from the towns of Janiuay, Estancia and Barotac … Read more

Manila Bulletin – Mayon records 389 rockfall events in 24 hours, remains under Alert Level 3 — Phivolcs

Published Feb 1, 2026 02:16 pm (PHIVOLCS) The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported that Mayon Volcano logged 389 rockfall events and four volcanic earthquakes over a 24-hour monitoring period from 12 a.m. on Jan. 31 to 12 a.m. on Feb. 1. The agency said Mayon remains under Alert Level 3, indicating ongoing magmatic … Read more

PCG continues search for sunken MV Trisha Kerstin 3 off Basilan

MANILA, Philippines — The Coast Guard District Southwestern Mindanao (CGDSWM) continues its search and rescue (SAR) operations for those missing from the sinking of MV Trisha Kerstin last week. On January 30, 2026, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Technical Diving Group conducted underwater operations to locate the vessel. The day began with a pre-dive briefing … Read more

Manila Bulletin – Here are 3 ways Kiko Barzaga can pay Enrique Razon’s whopping P110-M damages claim

“Congressmeow” Cavite 4th district Rep. Francisco “Kiko” Barzaga is facing a major cat-tastrophe–perhaps the first one of its kind so far in his adult life. The predicament? Ports and casino magnate Enrique Razon has sued the suspended lawmaker for two counts of cyberlibel, and is asking for an accumulated P110 million in moral and exemplary … Read more